- This article is about the console in Torchlight II. For Torchlight I, see Console (T1).
The console is a developer tool that players can access in Torchlight II for the purposes of testing or altering the game world.
Enabling the consoleEdit
To enable the developer console, find where Torchlight II stores your save data:
- My Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\save\[random numbers]
- ~/.local/share/Runic Games/Torchlight 2
Inside this folder you should find a file named settings.txt and change "Console:0" to "Console:1" and "Debugmenus:0" to "Debugmenus:1", save and exit.
To open the console in game, press the insert key.
Note that the console is not available in multiplayer Sessions.
Using some console commands can flag your current character as a cheater. The console is somewhat unpredictable in what it considers a "cheat," so it's best to use this on test characters, not on characters you care about.
Further, most console commands will flag the current character as "suspicious" to other players in multiplayer games.
List of commands Edit
for example : “setdifficulty 2” will put you in veteran difficulty. 0 to 3. dont know if NG is 4. “resetskills” will reset all your skill tree plus reset your skills points available to 0
- CLS = Clears console history.
- SETTIME time = Sets the time of day to time
- SETTIMESCALE scale = Sets the timescale for time of day
- ROOM = returns the room the player currently is in.
- FPS = shows the frame rate and other information.
- GOD = toggles god mode.
- SPEED = Toggles additional speed for the character.
- GODSPEED = Toggles both god and speed mode.
- DAMAGE SHAPES = toggles damage shapes on and off.
- AIFREEZE = toggles monsters AI to turn on and off.
- PLAYERNOTARGET = makes monsters not target the player.
- DISABLEPET = disables/enables the player’s pet.
- LEVELUP = increase XP to next level.
- RELOAD = reloads textures.
- PATHING = toggles pathing debug display.
- COMBATLOG = toggles combat log.
- SOUNDDEBUG = toggles sound debug.
- KILLALL = kills all monsters.
- ASCEND = Goes down a floor.
- DESCEND = Goes up a floor.
- CLEARHISTORY = Clears level history.
- MISSILETRAILS = Shows missile trails.
- ALWAYSCRIT = Player always hits critically
- DEBUGLOGIC = Toggles if the logic events are fired to the ogre log
- NOXP = Player doesn’t gain XP
- MONEY count = Gives you gold.
- STATPOINTS count = Gives you stat points
- STRENGTH count = Gives you melee points
- DEXTERITY count = Gives you ranged points
- MAGIC count = Gives you magic points
- DEFENSE count = Gives you defense points
- ALLSTATS count = Gives you the count to all stats
- FAME count = Gives you fame points
- ANIMATIONSPEED fps = changes the animation of everything to match the FPS
- HURTME pct = reduces the player and the player’s pet HP by the given percent
- RESETSTATS = resets the player’s stat points
- RESETSKILLS = resets the player’s skills
- RESETPLAYERLEVEL = resets the player’s level to 1
- RESETPETLEVEL = resets pet’s level to 1
- RESETPLAYER = resets player’s stats, skills, and level
- SKILLPOINTS count = Gives you skill points
- SETPETLEVEL level = Sets the pet’s level
- CAMERADISTANCE mult = the mult the camera will be from the player
- SKILL name/index = type just skill to see a list of skills. Type the number or the name of the skill to make active on the player.
- SKILLTEST = different in the command skill, this will allow you to execute any skill even if it wasn’t intended for your character.
- ITEM index,count = the params are option. Type items to see indexes of all monsters in the game.
- ITEM itemName,count = creates count of itemName.
- ALLITEMS = spawns all items.
- ALLITEMS unittype = spawns all items of a given unittype (use “_” for spaces)
- IDENTIFYALL identify all items in the player’s inventory.
- ANY index,count = the params are option. Type any to see indexes of all units in the game.
- EDITOROBJECT objectName,count = Creates an object from the editor for testing memory use.
- UNIT unitName,count = creates a unit by name and count.
- SPAWNCLASS spawnclassName,count,level = just type spawnclass to see all the spawn classes listed. Pass in Zero or a negative number for level will use the dungeon depth as the level.
- MONSTER index,count = the params are option. Type monster to see indices of all monsters in the game.
- MONSTER monsterName,count = creates count of monsterName
- MONSTERMEM monsterName,count = the params are option. Creates and deletes a monster for memory testing.
- MODEL modelpath,count = the params are optional. Creates and deletes a model for memory testing.
- DUNGEON dungeonName = sets the current dungeon
- CLEANUP = releases unused resources
- CHARGEBARMULT = makes the charge by X percent easier to fill
- UNITTYPES = displays all unittypes
- RESTARTLEVEL = restarts the current level
- QUESTS = lists all quests
- QUESTACTIVE questName = sets a quest to active
- QUESTSHOWACTIVE = Shows all the players active quests
- QUESTCOMPLETE questName = sets a quest to complete
- QUESTRESET questName = resets a quest to not be active or complete
- QUESTSCOMPLETE = Lists all the quests complete
- SHOWBLOOD = toggles blood particles
- DIFFICULTY = displays the current game difficulty
- SETDIFFICULTY index = sets the current difficulty
- ACHIEVEMENTS = Lists the achievements and if they are complete
- MEMORY = Dumps the memory allocation to the console.
- TAGS = Dumps all tags used in the level and what got created.
- ITEMBYMESH = Pass in part of a mesh name to spawn all items with that contain the string you passed.
- UIREFRESH = forces a refresh on the UI.
- MODIFYSIGHT = changes the sight distance of monsters activation. Pass 0 to reset.
- MODIFYMOTION = changes the motion distance of monsters activation. Pass 0 to reset.
- CHARACTER COUNT = returns the number of characters updating in the level
- PLAYERANIMATION = Dumps to the console which animation the player is playing and stopping.
- DOLLYMIN mindis = The min dolly distance for interaction.
- BLOOM = Toggle fullscreen bloom.
- LOGCONSOLE = Show the logging console.
- CONNECTIONDATA = Dump a connection data file.
- ADDFRIENDBYUSER = Add a friend by username or email.
- DROPCONN = Drop the given connection id.
- Link to command list: