You fire a channeled barrage of magma, piecing foes and setting them aflame. Range is 16 meters.
|Mana Cost / Sec||9||10||11||12||13||14||16||18||20||22||25||28||31||34||38|
% of Weapon DPS
as Fire DMG
% Chance to Inflict
|Burn Time||3 seconds||6 seconds|
Burn Damage improves with Player Level and Skill Rank.
Tier I Bonus
- Range extended to 24 meters
Tier II Bonus
- Burn time increased to 6 seconds
Tier III Bonus
- Magma Spears ricochet
- Magma Spear is best used against single targets, targets in a line, or targets in confined spaces. In the open or against a crowd, Prismatic Bolt is better.
- Since Magma Spear applies on hit enchantments and gems, a great way to build DPS is to stack DoT gems and enchantments on your weapons.
- A great way to stack DPS is to use Magma Spear until it's DoT is up and then switch to another spell.
- Magma Spear applies on hit effects from enchantments and gems.
Skills that will directly improve Magma Spear:
- Fire Brand - increase fire damage to enemies with Burn status
- Staff Mastery - decrease fire armor of targets hit with Magma Spear (when wielding a staff)
- Wand Chaos - applies random effects/attacks onto enemies hit with Magma Spear (when wielding a wand)
Skills that increase the potency of Magma Spear in a combo:
- Firestorm - enemies hit with Firestorm receive extra damage from fire attacks
- Elemental Boon - increases fire damage for short time