Stats are the four basic attributes of your character in Torchlight II. They differ from the stats in the first game.
Each character gains 5 stat points to allocate each time they level up.
- Increases both physical and elemental weapon damage for all weapons
- Increases damage done by critical strike. Maximum critical damage is capped at 450%.
- Increases critical strike chance. Maximum critical strike chance is capped at 50%
- Increases dodge chance (the chance to evade an attack). Maximum Dodge chance is capped at 75%.
- Increases fumble recovery (reduces the damage penalty for fumbled attacks)
- Increases maximum mana
- Increases all elemental damage
- Increases damage for all skills that do not do a percentage of weapon damage
- Increases execute chance (the chance of attacking with both weapons simultaneously when dual wielding similar weapons).
- Increases maximum health
- Increases armor
- Increases block chance (chance to block when using shields). Maximum Block chance is 75%
Note that these were not released officially but were calculated by members of the community.
- Strength increases critical damage by 0.04*Str. Base critical damage is 150%.
- Dexterity increases critical strike chance by ((0.2002-0.0002*Dex)*Dex).
- Focus increases execute chance by ((0.2002-0.0002*Focus)*Focus). Base execute chance is 9.8%.
- As can be clearly seen Dexterity and Focus have diminishing returns as more points go into them. This means that increasing either Dexterity or Focus past a certain amount to increase critical strike or execute chance is inadvisable.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Post on Runic's forums http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=42800